Sapienza University Of Rome Admissions Essay



1) If you are a non-EU citizen permanently resident abroad, with a foreign title, you must send within 18th March 2014 to the email address the following documentation

  • Declaration of non-EUropean Union citizenship and residence abroad using the model indicated in the section Download
  • Copy of the registration at the website
  • Copy of the payment for the test of Euro 45.00
  • Copy of the passport

The candidates subjected to the admission tests for Medicine and Architecture for the A.A. 2014/2015, which will be held on April 2014, could be admitted to these tests also with a VISA for a short period or without VISA for those candidates with a citizenship not subjected to a short entry VISA, for crossing the borders.

The list of the Schengen Countries, subjected to VISA for crossing the borders, is available in the section "Link esterni".

The list of the Countries, NOT subjected to VISA for crossing the borders, is available in the section "Link esterni.

2) If you are a non-EU citizen regularly living in Italy with a residence permit valid for less than one year (excluded the citizens with a permit for STUDY REASONS) with a foreign title, you must send within 18th March 2014 to the following email address:, copy of the passport and the model available in the section DOWNLOAD.


The Italian language test, reserved now ONLY to the candidates indicated in the point 1 who have to substain the admission test in Medicine and Surgery, Dentistry, Architecture and Architectural Engineering, will be held on 7th April 2014 at the University where you choosed to stand the entrance test. In the section DOWLOAD, it is possible to view the locations, the hours and the arguments for the Italian Language Test.

Fulfillments for non-EU Citizens - permanently resident abroad concerning ALL Sapienza Degree programmes

You should address the nearest Italian Consular or Embassy Representation at the beginning of the Academic Year. The Italian Consular or Embassy Representation will send your candidacy to the chosen University. The University will then answer by sending the approval to your request which will allow you to receive the study visa.

The non-EU candidates permanently resident abroad, accepted with reserve, in order to enter and stay in Italy,  have to request an entry VISA permit for study reasons. The entry VISA for study reasons will be issued at the end of the pre-inscription procedures by the Italian Consular or Embassy Representation. 

It is very important that: the tourism VISA cannot allow the admission to University.

In the case of candidates with dual citizenship, one of which is Italian, the Italian one prevails.

Remember that for those programmes that have a limited number of placese available, you have to sit an admission test. In addition to that you have to take the Italian Language test. The date will be determined nationally by the Ministry of Education, University and Research (MIUR). The candidates who do not pass this exam will NOT BE ABLE to enroll at the University for the specific Academic Year. 

To be exempted eventually from the Italian Language test, check into the FAQ (in the section "Other Sapienza Links") if you have one of the recognized linguistic certificates.

If you are an EU citizen living abroad or an non-EU citizen, regularly living in Italy

Whether you are an EU citizen (disregarding your place of residence) or a non-EU citizen regularly living in Italy, you have to follow the legal requirements you can find in the announcements published on line, normally in July, on the webpage:

Remember you do NOT have to take the Italian test.

In the case of candidates with dual citizenship, one of which is Italian, the Italian one prevails.

For informations regarding:

  • how to transfer, with a foreign degree, from your current University to Sapienza University;
  • how to finish your studies in Italy, as an international undergraduate student;
  • how to have recognized your foreign degree in Italy.

Look at the FAQ published in the section "Other Sapienza Links"

Admissions - Bachelors and Single Cycle Degree Programmes

Candidates with a Foreign Academic Title

Candidates applying to a Bachelors or Single Cycle Degree Programme must possess a high school diploma (or equivalent academic title obtained after 12 years of studies). It must be translated and then officially legalised by an Italian Consulate or Embassy that will also issue a Declaration of Value.

Mandatory Documents for all Citizens with Foreign Academic Titles

  • Certified copy of your high school diploma (translated, legalized and accompanied by a Declaration of Value issued by an Italian Consulate or Embassy in the country where the title was issued;
  • Copy of your ID (Identity Card) or Passport
  • Copy of Residence Permit and Reasons for issue. If you are renewing your residence permit, you will need a photocopy of your expired residence permit and the post office receipt for your renewal application. (ONLY for Non-EU Citizens);
  • Copy of your Study Visa. (ONLY for non-EU Citizens resident abroad).

Please note: Applications lacking any of these documents will be rejected.

Admission Requirements

Specific admission requirements for all degree programmes at Sapienza include an assessment of basic knowledge and comprehension of Italian. Moreover, if necessary, additional learning requirements will be assigned. These must be completed during the first year.

If you are applying for a degree programme with restricted access, you will have to register for an entrance examination. Your basic knowledge and comprehension of Italian will be evaluated on the same date. Your admission to the programme will depend on the result of your entrance examination.

Please note: All non-EU students resident abroad must also pass an Italian language test to be admitted to any Sapienza programme.


Bachelors and Single Cycle Degree programmes may either be open or regulated by an entrance examination (restricted access).

If the degree programme you are interested in has restricted access, you will need to pass an entrance examination before enrolling at Sapienza.

All applicants must:

  • Present a legally recognised academic title (translated into italian and legalized)
  • Pre-enrol at an Italian Embassy or consulate (only for non-EU students resident abroad)
  • Satisfy Sapienza admission requirements

Completing Your Enrolment

After having provided all the necessary documentation and passed the entrance examination (if applicable), you must complete your enrolment:

  1. Register with InfoStud;
  2. Pay applicable enrolment fees;
  3. Present the following documents to the Student Administration Office:
  • ​Copy of your ID or Passport;
  • Copy of your residence permit or application receipt (only for non-EU equivalent students and students resident abroad);
  • Legalised and translated high school diploma;
  • Declaration of Value from Embassy or Consulate.

When To Apply

Non-EU students resident abroad may pre-enrol at an Italian Consulate or Embassy until [date to be announced] as established by the Italian Ministry of Instruction, Education and Research.

Please note: degree programme may have different registration deadlines. Refer to theManifesto degli Studi for all specific dates and details.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *